CAP/ADID Director, Human Resources and Payroll
Position Available - Director, Human Resources & Payroll
Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. (CAP) is a nonprofit corporation of Atlanta business leaders, property owners and institutions working with each other and with government since 1941 to help build a better center city. It carries out research and planning and acts as a catalyst for a wide range of programs and projects for the improvement of Downtown Atlanta. The Atlanta Downtown Improvement District (ADID), founded in 1995 by CAP, is a public-private partnership that strives to create an attractive, safe and livable environment for Downtown.
Central Atlanta Progress is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated person to fill the position of Director, Human Resources & Payroll. The focus of this position is to develop and direct programs and provide services for two companies: Central Atlanta Progress and the Atlanta Downtown Improvement District, which have a combined budget of over $10 million annually and approximately 100 people directly or under contract. The programs and services are in the areas of payroll, employee recruitment, selection and promotion, classification and compensation, human resources planning and development, employee benefits and services, and personnel records and files.
The Director, Human Resources & Payroll reports to the Vice President, Finance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Administer human resources policies and procedures including but not limited to: employee handbooks, safety handbooks and manuals, 401(k) retirement plans, health care and other benefits administration.
- Provide human resource support for all staff by fostering an open door policy
- Maintain professional and respectful relationships both internally and externally
- Supervise and direct any human resource personnel, if any.
- Administer human resources development, planning and training programs, when needed
- Coordinate employee recruitment, selection, evaluation and promotions.
- Develop and administer employee benefits programs. Liaison with brokers and insurance companies.
- Ensure timely enrollment for all newly hired employees.
- Assist all staff with any and all issues that may occur in regards to benefits
- Maintain and provide data in organized central personnel files as a resource for decision making and to meet or exceed local, state and federal record keeping requirements.
- Work to develop informed, responsible and trained staff by assisting in recruitment, onboarding and development processes.
- Provide support to other departments for projects and proposals.
- Prepare other reports and projects as requested by organization management, federal, state regional or local agencies or other staff.
- Such other duties and activities as may be assigned
- Ensure timely processing of two complete payrolls on two separate payroll schedules
- Submit timely reports as required, as well as reports generated to support other functions with the day-to-day operations of each entity and department.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a human resource function, preferably non-profit, but not necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources preferred
- Familiarity with ADP payroll processing system highly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in written correspondence
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comfortable working with all levels of staff
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with deadlines
- High energy, positive, “can‐do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative necessary
- Ability to keep organized, up‐to‐date, audit-ready records
Interested applicants should e-mail their letter of interest and resume to Michele Santa Maria, Director, Human Resources & Payroll at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 404-506-9947.
The Hurt Building, 50 Hurt Plaza – Suite 110, Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Closes May 16, 2011
This is a full‐time position. Salary is $50,000 to $60,000, commensurate with experience. A very competitive benefits package is provided.
Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer