Fund Development Manager Position Available
Fund Development Manager
Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. (CAP) is a nonprofit corporation of Atlanta business leaders, property owners and institutions working with each other and with government since 1941 to help build a better center city. It carries out research and planning and acts as a catalyst for a wide range of programs and projects for the improvement of Downtown Atlanta. The Atlanta Downtown Improvement District (ADID), founded in 1995 by CAP, is a public-private partnership that strives to create an attractive, safe and livable environment for Downtown.
Central Atlanta Progress is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated person to fill the position of Fund Development Manager. Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing of Central Atlanta Progress, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals and funding requests to foundation, corporate and government sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations; provide timely advice and information on funding opportunities, requirements and procedures; collaborate in defining and implementing project funding strategies and prepare grant applications and reports as required by granting agencies.
- Coordinate and lead the activities of a grant program to support capital improvement projects for Woodruff Park, Central Atlanta Progress and the Atlanta Downtown Improvement District; conduct inter-department meetings to identify and prioritize project needs, coordinate and research grant preparation assignments.
- Manage the procurement process to ensure proper expenditures are made for Federal grant projects.
- Provide stewardship to current donors, to provide regular updates to donors; track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship.
- Manage CAP President and VP of Marketing engagement with foundation officers and other prospects; arrange site visits for prospects and supporters.
- Work with VP of Marketing on all written institutional materials (including Annual Report).
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
- Undergraduate degree is required.
- Six years of non-profit fundraising experience or related experience is required. Preference will be given to applicants with grant writing or other relevant writing experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Knowledge of grant application process and various grant programs available to non-profit organizations.
- Excellent organization, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines for grant opportunities.
- Ability to take initiative and utilize innovative techniques in preparing grant applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with various departments.
- Ability to work flexible hours for research.
- Ability to participate as a team player to coordinate grant projects.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate a variety of data
- Strong editing skills.
Salary and Benefits
The position is classified as Contractor with Central Atlanta Progress, and the candidate will be paid for hours worked, not to exceed 20 hours per week.
Contractual positions are not eligible for the benefit package awarded eligible classifications.
Interested applicants should e-mail their letter of interest and resume to Wilma Sothern, Vice President, Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 404-658-1919.
The Hurt Building, 50 Hurt Plaza – Suite 110, Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Telephone: 404-658-1877 Fax: 404-658-1919
May 25, 2010
Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer