Member Spotlight - Capitol City Bank & Trust Company
5 Things You Need To Know About Capitol City Bank & Trust Company
- Creative Investment Research, a Washington based organization that watches minority-owned financial institutions, rated Capitol City Bank & Trust Company among the 10 banks most oriented toward improving the urban areas it serves. This is very apropos since George Andrews, Founder and CEO of the bank, sits on the Board of Directors of Central Atlanta Progress, an organization committed to creating a thriving Downtown Atlanta community.
- Capitol City Bank & Trust Company is listed as the 9th largest minority-owned bank in the country according to Black Enterprise Magazine.
- Capitol City Bank & Trust Company was organized in 1994 to serve and empower the urban communities of Georgia. To continue this mission, the bank serves its customers from eight locations; five branch offices in the metropolitan Atlanta area, including Downtown Atlanta and Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport as well as three regional offices in Albany, Savannah, and Augusta, Georgia.
- Georgia leads the nation in bank failures with 57 since 2008. Capitol City Bank had a large net loss of over $10 million for 2009. However, the bank turned itself around in 2010 by producing a net profit of over $300,000. These results were achieved without any government assistance, such as TARP Matching Funds or the aid of The Community Development Capital Initiative. Kudos to Mr. Andrews and his team!
- Capitol City Bank & Trust Company is the only bank in Atlanta where you can get your banking done and have a great Down Home Southern Style meal at the same time. Ida’s Downtown Bar & Grill is located in the lobby level of the Peachtree branch, at the corner of Peachtree and Martin Luther King Jr Drive, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Chef Mike’s mouthwatering daily specials will leave you craving more.
Visit the bank’s website at http://www.capitolcitybank-atl.com/for a complete list of services they offer. Do business with them in Downtown Atlanta and check out the turkey wings and peach cobbler Ida’s. You won’t be sorry!
For more information contact:
(404) 752-6067 ext 245