Underground Atlanta Announces Additions to Property
Unique Downtown Landmark Promises a Fun 2011 Experience for Locals and Visitors
Have you been to Underground Atlanta lately? With retail shops, specialty and gift shops, a food court in the Old Alabama Eatery, unique entertainment and special events and fine restaurants, Underground Atlanta is much more than a tourist attraction - it is a complete family experience for locals and visitors alike. And welcoming to their property a number of new eclectic retailers, delicious fare and the recently transformed Comfort Suites Atlanta Downtown means much more to experience in 2011!
“Atlanta prides itself on being a modern city with interesting historical and cultural roots in the South,” explains Underground Atlanta General Manager, William P. “Chick” Ciccaglione. “We are constantly evolving as a community, and Underground Atlanta is proud to be able to change and bring in new events, stores and restaurants for the public to enjoy, while preserving what has made Underground Atlanta special for four decades.”
Take a look at the additions to Underground Atlanta for 2011 – more than six blocks of dining, history, shopping, entertainment and now also lodging! And make sure to follow Underground Atlanta on Twitter @UndergroundATL or “like” us on Facebook for the latest updates:
- LODGING: Comfort Suites Atlanta Downtown – This Comfort Suites has a total of 156 suites, is built in a contemporary design and décor that merges with the building’s historical elements and has breathtaking views of the city from its top two executive level floors. With complimentary wireless internet, business center, hot breakfast buffet and more, this boutique hotel’s upscale amenities come at quite an affordable price! For pricing and reservations, visit www.comfortsuitesatl.com. Says Jason Everson, VP of Operations and Sales for Excel Hotel Group/Comfort Suites Atlanta Downtown, “We are thrilled to have been able to acquire and renovate the Comfort Suites’ historic property. This space is such a gem. Our hotel patrons can have a wonderful Atlanta getaway while only walking a few block radius around the hotel. Underground Atlanta is a fantastic one-stop family-friendly entertainment district that helps attract people to our hotel, and we’re really excited for the year to come!”
- DINING: Footprints Jamaican Restaurant & Lounge, Georgia Peach Restaurant & Lounge (www.dinegapeach.com), Subway and Le Restaurant Creole – Sample the eclectic cuisine in Atlanta! Experience the best Jamaican food and reggae music in the city at Footprints; “eat fresh” at the health-conscious yet delicious Subway; and treat your taste buds to authentic Creole cuisine at Le Restaurant Creole and Nightclub, opening in March 2011. And whether you’re trying to find that dish that tastes “just like momma used to make” or have yet to savor Southern fare, get a taste of Southern hospitality and Southern dishes at Georgia Peach! The perfect place to dine and mingle while experiencing a home-like atmosphere, Georgia Peach is quickly becoming the talk of the town!
- HISTORY: ATL Cruzers (www.atlcruzers.com) – Take a tour of downtown, midtown and historical neighborhoods in an eco-friendly five-passenger electric car. Discover why Atlanta is one of the most frequently visited cities among tourists in the US! Tours begin at the ACVB Visitor’s Center at Underground Atlanta, where city pros can also give you the scoop on the best restaurants, discounted tickets to the theater, sporting events and other attractions and much more!
- SHOPPING: Weaves in the City (www.weavesinthecity.com) and Smiling Dental – See a whole new you in 2011 with a variety of apparel, jewelry and cosmetic services available at Underground. Receive a brighter, more confident smile at Smiling Dental and exceptional service and professional weaves (and haircuts!) at Weaves in the City.
- ENTERTAINMENT: Fuzion Showcase & Lounge (www.fuzionatl.com) – Party at the newest addition to Kenny’s Alley, the city’s hottest nightlife district and only strip of nighttime entertainment that can stay open until 4:00am! Experience a variety of R&B, Old School, Comedy and Jazz acts at Fuzion, Atlanta’s premier showcase lounge. Upcoming events at Underground Atlanta include the famous St. Patrick’s Festival! Grab your green and gear up for the city’s favorite celebration on Saturday, March 12. More information will be announced shortly.
About Underground Atlanta
Conveniently located near the Georgia State Capitol, Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, and the Martin Luther King Jr. History Center, Underground Atlanta is a great place to start the day visiting downtown's attractions and events. Located in the heart of the city, Underground offers a wide variety of shops, restaurants and activities for everyone to enjoy. Explore six blocks, twelve acres and three levels and 225,000 ft. of shopping, restaurants and entertainment, as well as the restaurants and clubs in Atlanta's hottest nightclub area, Kenny's Alley! Be sure to visit www.underground-atlanta.com for more information or call Underground Atlanta at 404.523.2311.
Media Contact: Tara Murphy | Michelle Marron – 360 Media, Inc. – 404.577.8686 or firstname.lastname@example.org