Central Atlanta Progress and the Atlanta Downtown Improvement District are proud to bring back a holiday tradition. The 'Tis the Season to Be Downtown program is designed to showcase Downtown Atlanta attractions, entertainment venues and holiday activities to Metro Atlanta and visitors alike.
The 50 day promotion provides something for everyone—from outdoor ice-skating in Centennial Olympic Park, to holiday productions in Downtown theaters and the Atlanta Ballet’s Nutcracker.
November 22, 2014 – January 1, 2015 in Downtown Atlanta, easily accessed via MARTA, city streets, major highways and soon...a streetcar!
The holiday season is a stressful time for many families with traveling, shopping and bill paying. This year, start a new family tradition with nostalgic holiday performances, twinkling light displays, world class attractions and many other adventures.
Enjoy the annual holiday decorations, feast on Downtown Dining holiday offerings, or watch an 800 pound Peach Drop at Underground Atlanta on New Year's Eve. 'Tis the Season to Be Downtown!
- Thanksgiving Holiday Storytime and Craft November 4
- Holiday Show: The Candy Cane Murders- A Breaking Bad Holiday November 6 - January 7
- Indie Craft Experience’s Holiday Shopping Spectacular Brings Good Tidings November 22 - November 23
- Ice Skating Rink at Centennial Olympic Park November 22 - January 19
- “Home for Thanksgiving” at Hyatt Regency Atlanta November 24 - November 30
- Thanksgiving Holiday Storytime and Craft November 25
- Ray's in the City Thanksgiving Buffet November 27
- Thanksgiving Brunch at The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta November 27
- Thanksgiving Dinner at The Ritz Carlton Atlanta November 27
- Thanksgiving Dinner at The Hyatt Regency Atlanta November 27
- Cookies with Santa November 28
- The Gifts Of The Magi December 4 - December 21
- Gala Holiday Concert December 6
- Breakfast with Santa December 6
- Atlanta Ballet’s Nutcracker at The Fox Theatre December 11 - December 28
- Celtic Christmas: Music, Dance and the Soul of the Season December 20 - December 21
- A “Blue (Dome) Christmas” at Hyatt Regency Atlanta December 21 - December 30
- The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta Hosts Christmas Eve Dinner December 24
- The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta Hosts Christmas Brunch December 25
- Christmas Dinner at The Hyatt Regency Atlanta December 25
- New Year's Eve Affordable Old School Music Fest December 31
- New Year’s Eve at The Ritz-Carlton December 31
- Peach Drop 2015 at Underground Atlanta December 31
- Downtown Countdown at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta December 31