These tips will help you get the most out of your Downtown Restaurant Week experience:
1. Chose your own adventure. Start off by reviewing your menu options at each restaurant online. Local chefs have crafted menus to delight the senses just for Downtown Restaurant Week. From fine dining restaurants to casual neighborhood spots, you’ll be surprised by their creativity!
2. Try something new. Get out of your comfort zone during Downtown Restaurant Week. Try that new spot you heard about or cross off that swanky restaurant from your bucket list.
3. Bring a friend (or two). All Downtown Restaurant Week menus have several choices for each course, and it’s hard to select just one. With a small group, you can sample a little bit of everything. (That is, if your friends are willing to share a taste!)
4. Make reservations. Due to the popularity of this event, Downtown restaurants fill up fast – especially on weekends. Plan ahead to avoid waiting. You can make reservations online at OpenTable.com or call the restaurant directly.
5. Ask for the Restaurant Week menu. Once you’re seated, be sure to ask your waiter for the Downtown Restaurant Week menu. While you’re welcome to order anything off of the regular menu, the $25 and $35 pricing is only for the 3-course prix fixe menu.
6. Be adventurous. Forget the usual, try something that you’ve never eaten before!
7. Arrive in style. When you make your reservation, ask the restaurant if they offer valet service or which parking garage they validate. Better yet, most Downtown restaurants are located within a few blocks of MARTA rail service. Take a look at our interactive map - www.atlantadowntown.com/fun/restaurant-week/map. It's even easier on your smartphone, where you can get step by step directions from your location.
8. Be generous. You’re getting a special three-course meal at Downtown Atlanta’s top restaurants at an incredible value with great service. Be sure to tip your waitstaff well.
10. Go out on a school night. Weekends are the busiest nights for most restaurants, so consider making a reservation for a week night to avoid the crowd.