Downtown Atlanta is a great destination, and offers more than 65,000 public parking spaces, plus 170 bicycle racks. Whether you’re coming Downtown for a special night out, a business appointment, or a special event, parking accommodations are certain to be nearby and easily accessible. Check out our Downtown Interactive Map and other parking resources compiled here to plan your visit and find the most affordable and convenient parking location.
Tips & Advice: Before Departing for Your Downtown Destination
- Plan ahead. Visit the Downtown Interactive Parking Guide to pick out a few off-street parking options, and be sure to pick a 1st and 2nd choice.
- Inform yourself on Atlanta’s transportation conditions by using these resources: www.511ga.org and www.weather.com.
- Also remember to bring spare change and cash to use in on-street, single-space parking meters and parking lots, or bring a credit card and cash for multi-space “Pay & Display” stations and parking garages.
- When you leave your vehicle, be sure to lock it and place valuables out of sight.
- Reduce traffic and park once! Choose a central parking location and walk to your destinations from there.
Consider Alternatives to Parking
Park and then ride, or maybe don’t park at all!
- Park at one of MARTA’s 26 rail stations that offer free, on-site daily parking and then take MARTA rail directly Downtown. For a rail map, visit www.itsmarta.com.
- Park at one of Atlanta’s many park and ride locations and grab an express bus or meet a carpool partner to travel to Downtown. Visit www.myridesmart.com to learn more about park and ride locations and ride-matching services.
- Walk, bike, or take the bus or train directly to your destination.
Contact the CAP/ADID Downtown Green Source program at 404-658-1877 for more information about transportation alternatives.
Metered Street Parking
Parking Garages And Surface Lots
City Parking Laws and Regulations
Motor Coach Parking