City of Atlanta Parking Laws & Regulations
No Parking / No Stopping Zones
A yellow curb means “no stopping at any time." If a sign is posted instead of the yellow curb, the sign will indicate when parking and stopping are prohibited.
Commercial & Truck Loading Zones
A City-issued permit is required for vehicles to load and unload goods within areas identified with orange curb markings and/or a posted sign. Unless otherwise posted, these loading zones are in effect between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. (Sundays and City holidays excluded).
Disabled Persons Parking Zones
Only vehicles displaying an official hang-tag or license plate issued to disabled persons may park in handicapped spaces. Handicapped spaces are identified with a blue logo in the stall and/or a posted sign.
Passenger Loading Zones
Vehicles are allowed to stop for the purpose of loading or unloading passengers.
Where Not to Park
- Within 20 feet of intersections and crosswalks, or on sidewalks
- Within 30 feet of a stop sign, unless signs are posted permitting parking
- Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant or fire station driveway
- In any manner that obstructs the use of the street
- On the roadway side of a parked vehicle (double parking)
- In a center median, unless posted signs permit it
- In a bus stop or on a bridge (unless posted)
- Blocking any driveway
- Against the flow of traffic
City of Atlanta
Downtown Interactive Map