Canceled - Live from Woodruff Park: Dirty Dancing Screening
PAST DATES AND TIMES
- Wednesday, Jun 13, 2018 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Woodruff Park - Peachtree Street
UPDATE: This event has been canceled due to the probability of inclement weather. We hope to reschedule this screening to later this summer or early fall. Follow @WoodruffPark to stay up to date on all park programs and events!
Have the time of your life on the Woodruff Park lawn, where Dirty Dancing will be screened at sundown. Before the movie begins, enjoy dance lessons and performances by Salsa Arte, plus a salute to the 80s and 90s with DJ Jaycee and DJ Jelly.
About Live from Woodruff Park:
On Wednesday evenings this summer, Live from Woodruff Park will alternate between live music concerts and free “screen on the green”-style movie screenings that feature a performance component. Expect classics like Dirty Dancing and Sister Act and concerts featuring popular local talent. Live from Woodruff Park is free and open to the community, with beverages available for purchase, thanks to a partnership with neighboring restaurant 55th and Park. Attendees are encouraged to enjoy dinner at one of the park’s neighboring businesses before grabbing a spot on the lawn. This event series is produced in collaboration with Artists Rock the M-I-C, and all concerts will be emceed by Shelley Wynter of The New Talk 106.7 FM.
Live from Woodruff Park At-a-Glance Schedule:
• Wednesday, June 13, 5:00 – 10:00 p.m.: Dirty Dancing, ft. a pre-show dance-a-long with Salsa Arte and a salute to music of the 80s and 90s with DJ Jaycee and DJ Jelly.
• Wednesday, June 20, 5:00 – 10:00 p.m.: Jazz & Soul in the Park, ft. saxophonist Ryan Kilgore and R&B sensation Trev Wright
• Wednesday, June 27, 5:00 – 10:00 p.m.: Millennial’s Mood and Groove in Park, ft. Jordan Danielle, LS Lane and Slim Dynamite, Brittany Bloom, Jabias da kidd, BHM and Shaniah in concert
co-sponsored by the Fulton County Board of Health in support of National HIV Testing Day
• Wednesday, July 11, 5:00 – 10:00 p.m.: Sister Act, ft. a pre-show performance by Angel White + praise singers
• Wednesday, July 18, 5:00 – 10:00 p.m.: A Night of Rhythm and Blues in the Park
• Wednesday, July 25, 5:00 – 10:00 p.m.: Drumline, ft. a pre-show performance by the South Atlanta High School marching band
• Dates and Times: Wednesday evenings, June 13 – July 25, 5:00-10:00 p.m.
• Location: Woodruff Park’s Main Lawn, located in Downtown Atlanta, bordered by Edgewood Ave., Peachtree St., Auburn Ave. and Park Place
• Cost: FREE
• For vendor opportunities to contact Oleathia Robinson at email@example.com.