Atlanta Streetcar Begins Operator Training Monday, October 27
Varying hours of operations mean motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists should be aware and always expect a streetcar
Beginning Monday, October 27, the Atlanta Streetcar will begin training streetcar operators along the system’s 2.7 mile loop. The hours of training will vary to give the operators familiarity with all traffic situations. The schedule for the upcoming weeks:
- Monday, October 27: 6 P.M. to 4 A.M.
- Tuesday, October 28: 6 P.M. to 4 A.M.
- Wednesday, October 29: 1 P.M. to 11 P.M.
- Thursday, October 30: 1 P.M. to 11 P.M.
- Friday, October 31: 9 A.M. to 7 P.M.
- Saturday, November 1: 9 A.M. to 7 P.M.
- Monday, November 3: 6 P.M. to 4 A.M.
- Tuesday, November 4: 6 P.M. to 4 A.M.
- Wednesday, November 5: 2 P.M. to Midnight
- Thursday, November 6: 2 P.M. to Midnight
- Friday, November 7: 9 A.M. to 7 P.M.
- Saturday, November 8: 9 A.M. to 7 P.M.
- Sunday, November 9: 6 P.M. to 4 A.M.
- Monday, November 10: 6 P.M. to 4 A.M.
This training will continue until opening day of the system. With the streetcars now operating every day and at all hours pedestrians, cyclists, and motorists along the route are advised to always expect a streetcar and remember to follow a few simple Be Streetcar Smart rules:
- Be alert. The Atlanta Streetcars are electric and quiet. Please stop, look and listen for streetcars before crossing the tracks.
- Keep a safe distance from the streetcars.
- Do not walk or play on tracks.
- Bicyclists should use caution when riding near the tracks and should cross at a 90 degree angle.
- Motorists should check for approaching streetcars before opening vehicle doors.
- Motorists are also reminded that vehicles along the streetcar route need to be parked fully within the white lines of the parking spaces, and that double-parking is not allowed. Illegally parked vehicles along the route will be ticketed and/or towed.