Source: Becca J. G. Godwin, The Atlanta Journal Constitution
A downtown Atlanta park will offer entertainment for the public on Wednesday evenings this summer.
“Live from Woodruff Park” will alternate between live music and free movie screenings that feature a performance component.
Movie screenings begin at sundown, and beverages will be available for purchase through a partnership with neighboring restaurant 55th and Park. Each weekly event runs from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Here’s the schedule:
• June 13: “Dirty Dancing,” featuring a pre-show dance-a-long with Salsa Arte and a salute to music of the ‘80s and ‘90s with DJ Jaycee and DJ Jelly.
• June 20: Jazz & Soul in the Park, featuring saxophonist Ryan Kilgore and R&B sensation Trev Wright
• June 27: Millennial’s Mood and Groove in Park, featuring Jordan Danielle, LS Lane and Slim Dynamite, Brittany Bloom, Jabias da kidd, BHM and Shaniah in concert. Co-sponsored by the Fulton County Board of Health in support of National HIV Testing Day.
• July 11: “Sister Act,” featuring a pre-show performance by Angel White + praise singers
• July 18: Butta B-Rocka and Friends in concert
• July 25: “Drumline,” featuring a pre-show performance by the South Atlanta High School marching band
Woodruff Park is bordered by Edgewood and Auburn avenues, Peachtree Street and Park Place.