Source: Becca J. G. Godwin, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution
A downtown Atlanta business association is expanding the programs and amenities offered free to the community at Woodruff Park.
The Central Atlanta Progress/Atlanta Downtown Improvement District hired a dedicated park project manager, Ansley Whipple, in the spring. Whipple oversees operations and will manage a series of fall programs that includes yoga, meditation and live performances.
Here’s the schedule:
Guided meditation classes, by the water wall
· Tuesdays through November, noon to 12:30 p.m.
Live artist performances, in the Reading Room (by the corner of Peachtree Street and Auburn Avenue)
· Wednesdays through November, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Guided park history tours, on the main lawn
· Alternating Thursdays and second Sundays (in perpetuity), noon to 1 p.m.
Vinyasa yoga, on the main lawn
· Saturdays through November, 9 to 10 a.m.
Game Cart, located by the gazebo
· Tuesday, noon to 7 p.m.; Wednesday through Saturday, noon to 5 p.m.
The Game Cart is an activity kiosk filled with items such as chess sets, board games, whiffle ball and Frisbees.
Park staff, interns and volunteers assist visitors with checking out supplies to be used on the gazebo or on the main lawn.
Woodruff Park is located at 91 Peachtree St. NW.