FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Hot Summer Happenings in Atlanta’s Centennial Park District
Stay cool this summer in Atlanta’s iconic downtown neighborhood
ATLANTA--This summer, it’s time to break the (popsicle) mold. The Centennial Park District is serving up fresh summertime fun for grown-ups and kids alike, right in the heart of downtown Atlanta.
The Centennial Park District, a neighborhood which has grown up around Atlanta’s historic Centennial Olympic Park, is home to the South’s most legendary destinations. Atlantans and visitors alike can experience real southern hospitality with this neighborhood’s wide range of restaurants, bars, attractions, hotels and authentically Atlantan experiences.
One thing to get excited about? Centennial Park District is now home to the City of Atlanta’s only 4th of July fireworks display! Celebrate the nation’s birthday in the heart of downtown Atlanta at Centennial Olympic Park. There’s plenty to see, do and eat within walking distance of the park, so spend the whole day – or stay the night - in Centennial Park District, and snag a good spot early.
After heading to one of the many events in Centennial Park District this summer, stick around and grab a bite at one of the many nearby dining spots and watering holes. Make a night, or a weekend, of it and stay at one of the great hotels within a short walk of all the action. For a complete list of the district’s hotel and dining options, visit www.centennialparkdistrict.com.
Check out some of the great activities happening in Centennial Park District this summer below.
- Music at Noon and Wednesday WindDown in Centennial Olympic Park. Kick back in Centennial Olympic Park all month long with lunchtime tunes and evening grapes. Tuesdays-Thursdays in June.
- Atlanta United games at Der Biergarten. Calling all soccer fans! Der Biergarten now has MLS Network, so soccer fans can cheer on our new home team from their backyard. Through the end of the season.
- Summer exhibits at the World of Coca-Cola. The home of Coca-Cola’s interactive experience is hosting three new summer exhibits: “10 Artists, 10 Bottles,” “Coke and Soccer” and the #ShareaCokeWithATL gallery. All summer long.
- New Exhibit at the Children’s Museum: “Blue Man Group – Making Waves.” The touring 1,500 square foot exhibit features six interactive stations where children will have an opportunity to see, feel and create sound just like the Blue Man Group. June 10 – September 4.
- Dave Chappelle at the Tabernacle. Dave Chappelle is back! The much-loved comedian will host multiple shows at the Tabernacle this summer. Check out the Tabernacle’s full summer lineup on their website. June 11-19.
- ICE COLD Summer Fun at the World of Coca-Cola. Visitors will have the opportunity to customize Coca-Cola and Coca-Cola Zero mini cans with their names, then enjoy them under the misting fans. July 15-16.
- Hot 107.9 Birthday Bash ATL “The Pop-Up Edition” at Phillips Arena. Hip-hop stars Gucci Mane, Migos, Fat Joe & Remy Ma, YFN Lucci, B.O.B., DJ Luke Nasty, D.R.A.M., Lil Uzi Vert and surprise guests will perform at Hot 107.9’s Birthday Bash ATL “The Pop-Up Edition.” June 17.
- Father’s Day at the Children’s Museum. Children are invited to a special celebration to honor their dads, grandpas or favorite uncles! Dads can receive free admission when they stop by the visitors’ services desk and say, “I’m a proud dad!” June 17.
- Father’s Day at the Georgia Aquarium. Georgia Aquarium is offering dads a special $20 + tax discounted ticket. Grab one with a full-priced ticket at the ticket window. June 18.
- Father’s Day at the College Football Hall of Fame. Dads can visit the College Football Hall of Fame and Chick-fil-A Fan Experience for free this Father’s Day. June 18.
- 3rd Anniversary of The Center for Civil and Human Rights. Celebrate with a weekend of interactive events, including art, music, and theatre. For a complete list of programming, visit the website. June 23-25.
- Red, White and Brew at the Georgia Aquarium. Celebrate with unlimited beer sampling, classic BBQ, and live music in the Oceans Ballroom. Guests will also have access to the entire Aquarium until 9 p.m. July 1.
- Fourth of July fireworks at Centennial Olympic Park. This year, Centennial Olympic Park will host the City of Atlanta’s only fireworks display! Celebrate our nation’s birthday in the heart of downtown Atlanta. Watch the show from the park, or from the many rooftops and decks in Centennial Park District, including The Glenn Hotel’s SkyLounge, STATS Food + Drink’s rooftop, Der Biergarten’s deck and more. July 4.
- Fourth of July at the College Football Hall of Fame & Chick-fil-A Fan Experience. Enjoy a day at the Hall, and then experience the Southeast’s largest fireworks show only steps away.
- STATS opens its new brewpub. One of Atlanta’s favorite sports bars is taking their brewing in-house! A brewery is being installed in STATS’s lower-level events space, and once it’s up and running, it will host tastings, private parties, and beer dinners. Late summer.
About The Centennial Park District
The Centennial Park District is an iconic neighborhood in the heart of downtown Atlanta. Home to some of the city’s most loved attractions, the District has emerged as one of the Southeast’s premier destinations for dining, hospitality and entertainment. For more information, visit www.centennialparkdistrict.com.
Contact: Heather Hughes