“Live from Woodruff Park” to feature free concerts, movies throughout summer
Every Wednesday this summer, Woodruff Park will host its “Live From Woodruff Park” series featuring concerts and movie screenings.
The shows will alternate between live music and free “screen on the green”-style movies that feature a performance component, according to a “Live From Woodruff Park” press release.
Each show is free and open to the public, with beverages available for purchase thanks to a partnership with a neighboring restaurant 55thand Park.
The kickoff screening of “Dirty Dancing” on June 13 will feature a pre-show party featuring Salsa Arte + a DJ tribute to the 80s and 90s.
The schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, June 13.: Dirty Dancing
- Wednesday, June 20: Jazz & Soul in the Park
- Wednesday, June 27: Millennial’s Mood and Groove in Park
- Wednesday, July 11: Sister Act
- Wednesday, July 18: Ladies Takeover in the Park
- Wednesday, July 25: Drumline
Each event will take place from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. (with movies beginning at sundown) at Woodruff Park’s Main Lawn, located in Downtown Atlanta, bordered by Edgewood Ave., Peachtree St., Auburn Ave. and Park Place.