FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Centennial Park District is home to Atlanta’s most legendary 4th of July,
with city’s only fireworks display, entertainment for all ages & more
-- Lyft to make it easy for guests to spend Independence Day
in Atlanta’s iconic downtown neighborhood with special discount on rides --
ATLANTA—Atlanta’s not-to-be-missed 4th of July celebration will be in the Centennial Park District.
In the center of the district, Centennial Olympic Park will host a fireworks display--the only one in the city--and performances by Bobby Brown, Ann Nesby, CeCe Peniston and many others.
Surrounding the park, there’s plenty to see, do and eat within walking distance, so attendees are encouraged to spend the whole day – and even stay the night – in the Centennial Park District, and to snag a good spot early.
To make it super easy to get to all of the fun, Lyft is offering a 25 percent discount to anyone heading to the Centennial Park District between noon and 4 p.m. on July 4 and anyone leaving the district between midnight and 2 a.m. on July 5.
To apply the discount to their accounts, Lyft riders can visit https://www.lyft.com/invite/centpark17 or enter code CENTPARK17 into the promo section within the Lyft app before scheduling a ride. Lyft’s drop-off and pick-up location that day will be on Centennial Olympic Park Drive, just south of its intersection with Baker Street.
Make a day of it by spending the 4th in the Centennial Park District and celebrating the “red, white and blue” at these District destinations:
- Centennial Olympic Park’s 4th of July Celebration, with gates opening at 6 p.m., musical performances starting at 7 p.m. and fireworks at 9:45 p.m. Performers include Bobby Brown, Ann Nesby, CeCe Peniston, J-Fly and other musical guests. Details and a list of prohibited items are available here.
- Children’s Museum of Atlanta’s 4th of July Celebration, which includes shows, entertainment and hands-on activities from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. A full schedule of events is available here.
- Embassy Suites at Centennial Olympic Park’s special 4th of July package, which includes a suite overlooking the fireworks display, glow-stick necklaces, a cocktail reception and so much more. Details here.
- Places with a View. Visitors to the district can watch the fireworks show from one of the many rooftops and decks in the Centennial Park District, including The Glenn Hotel’s SkyLounge, STATS Food + Drink’s rooftop, Der Biergarten’s deck and more. Also, SkyView Atlanta, the district’s ferris wheel, will be open on the 4th for a special viewing of the display.
- The College Football Hall of Fame and Chick-fil-A Fan Experience’s Independence Day fun, with games, activities and more. Admission is free for active and retired Veterans with a valid military I.D. (and their families receive a discounted rate). Information about the attraction can be found here.
The Centennial Park District is the only place in Atlanta where visitors have world-class attractions, interesting eateries, luxurious hotels and Centennial Olympic Park all in short walking distance. Plus, Atlanta Streetcar and MARTA stops in the district make this part of the city accessible and easy to navigate with or without a car.
About The Centennial Park District
The Centennial Park District is an iconic neighborhood in the heart of downtown Atlanta. Home to some of the city’s most loved attractions, the District has emerged as one of the Southeast’s premier destinations for dining, hospitality and entertainment. For more information, visit www.centennialparkdistrict.com.
Contact: Angela D’Amario