Live from Woodruff Park: Sister Act Screening
PAST DATES AND TIMES
- Wednesday, Jul 11, 2018 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Woodruff Park - Peachtree St
Bring your blanket and a pal to enjoy a screening of this 90s classic. Before the film begins at sundown, enjoy a performance by Angel White and local praise singers!
About Live from Woodruff Park:
On Wednesday evenings this summer, Live from Woodruff Park will alternate between live music concerts and free “screen on the green”-style movie screenings that feature a performance component. Expect classics like Dirty Dancing and Sister Act and concerts featuring popular local talent. Live from Woodruff Park is free and open to the community, with beverages available for purchase, thanks to a partnership with neighboring restaurant 55th and Park. Attendees are encouraged to enjoy dinner at one of the park’s neighboring businesses before grabbing a spot on the lawn. This event series is sponsored by Georgia's Own Credit Union and produced in collaboration with Artists Rock the M-I-C.
Live from Woodruff Park At-a-Glance Schedule:
• Wednesday, June 13, 5:00 – 10:00 p.m.: Dirty Dancing, ft. a pre-show dance-a-long with Salsa Arte and a salute to music of the 80s and 90s with DJ Jaycee and DJ Jelly.
• Wednesday, June 20, 5:00 – 10:00 p.m.: Jazz & Soul in the Park, ft. saxophonist Ryan Kilgore and R&B sensation Trev Wright
• Wednesday, June 27, 5:00 – 10:00 p.m.: Millennial’s Mood and Groove in Park, ft. Jordan Danielle, LS Lane and Slim Dynamite, Brittany Bloom, Jabias da kidd, BHM and Shaniah in concert
co-sponsored by the Fulton County Board of Health in support of National HIV Testing Day
• Wednesday, July 11, 5:00 – 10:00 p.m.: Sister Act, ft. a pre-show performance by Angel White + praise singers
• Wednesday, July 18, 5:00 – 10:00 p.m.: A Night of Rhythm and Blues in the Park
• Wednesday, July 25, 5:00 – 10:00 p.m.: Drumline, ft. a pre-show performance by the South Atlanta High School marching band
• Dates and Times: Wednesday evenings, June 13 – July 25, 5:00-10:00 p.m.
• Location: Woodruff Park’s Main Lawn, located in Downtown Atlanta, bordered by Edgewood Ave., Peachtree St., Auburn Ave. and Park Place
• Cost: FREE
• For vendor opportunities to contact Ansley Whipple at firstname.lastname@example.org.