The Green Line
Central Atlanta Progress in partnership with area stakeholders has developed an ambitious new vision for the East-West corridor of Downtown stretching from the state Capitol area to Philips Arena. Dominated by a linear park ringed by pedestrian-friendly development and hallmarked by increased multimodal connectivity, the plan provides a dynamic look at the future.
This master plan effort was intended to
- Create an expansive paradigm changing vision for the Heart of Downtown Atlanta
- Build on the framework of the Imagine Downtown plan to develop a more detailed redevelopment plan.
- Identify, program and visualize development sites within the corridor.
- Create an implementable plan that:
- Envisions an iconic destination.
- Stitches the city together through public space, transit and daily life.
- Fosters public and private investment.
The Green Line recommendations include:
- The extension of Alabama Street and Wall Street and a new West Spring Street, all at viaduct level
- Capping the railroad gulch to introduce open space and air-rights development sites above with transit and parking underneath
- A new Multimodal Passenger Terminal in conjunction with the Five Points MARTA station
- Transforming the Five Points MARTA station into a integrated and activated open space plaza
- New entrances to and expanded retail and entertainment uses at Underground Atlanta
- A revitalized former World of Coke site with attraction and hospitality uses
If you have additional questions please contact Jennifer Ball at email@example.com or 404-522-3344