Downtown is very accessible by bike. No matter where you are peddling, Downtown Atlanta has you covered with 7.4 miles of bike lanes (and growing), 14 Relay Bike Share locations, and more than 150 bike rack locations.
Whether you are a seasoned commuter or brand new to cycling, Downtown Connects offers a myriad of support services and programs to get you peddling to work. Combine biking with bus or rail to cover more distance and breeze through traffic.
Bike + Transit
Looking for ways to combine your bike trip with transit? MARTA is bike-friendly. Every bus has a front bike rack and you are able to take your bike on the train at any time of day. A few tips:
- Use ATLTransit Trip Planner to plan your combined bike and transit trip. You have the option to personalize your bike trip by the quickest, flattest, or most bike-friendly route.
- To learn more about bringing your bike on MARTA, click here.
Bike Repair Station
There is a bike repair station conveniently located in Woodruff Park along Auburn Ave. The fix-it station includes all the tools necessary to perform basic bike repairs and maintenance, from changing a flat to adjusting brakes and derailleurs.
Free Bike Classes and Commuting Workshops
The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition offers free bike classes for you whether you're a true beginner or seek greater confidence riding your bike on Atlanta streets. There are various classes and workshops offered that cater to your specific needs.
Would you like to see more of your colleagues commute to work by bike? You can invite experts from the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition to come to your workplace and facilitate a Hack Your Commute Lunch and Learn where you'll learn tips for commuting by bike. This service is free.
To sign up for classes or to schedule a lunch and learn, click here.
Downtown Connects Services for Bikers
- Personalized Route Planning: Not sure where to start? Contact us at Connects@AtlantaDowntown.com for route planning assistance.
- Cash Incentives: If you commute by bike you can receive cash cash incentives through out partnership with Georgia Commute Options.
- Log your commutes to enter monthly $25 raffles
- Switch from driving alone and earn up to $150
- Guaranteed Ride Home: Never get stuck at work. In case of emergency, get 4 free Uber rides home.