Downtown Development Review Committee (DRC): SPI-1
Development Review Committees (DRC) have been established by the City of Atlanta as an advisory group for the purpose of providing to the Director of the Office of Zoning and Development formal comments on Special Administrative Permit (SAP) applications within a particular Special Public Interest (SPI) zoning district. Applicants are required to make a presentation of their project to the applicable DRC committee. A DRC review is required as part of a completed SAP application.
The SPI-1 DRC consists of nine members representing property owners, business owners, and neighborhood organizations located within the SPI-1 district. The responsibilities of the committee are to 1) Make recommendations on the project concerning zoning requirements and administrative variations requested, and 2) Make other design recommendations for consideration concerning an application. Note, these other recommendations are not code requirements.
Current Downtown SPI-1 DRC Members
SPI-1 DRC Maps
The SPI-1 DRC convenes monthly (or as needed) to comment on SAP applications within the SPI 1 District. DRC recommendations are provided to the Office of Zoning and Development Staff and the applicant within 7 business days, unless the applicant is requested to return to the applicable DRC, and or present to the respective neighborhood organization(s), or the NPU.
2021 DRC Dates & Meeting Agendas
- Thursday, April 22nd
- Thursday, May 27th
- Thursday, June 24th
- Thursday, July 22nd
- Thursday, August 26th
- Thursday, September 23rd
- Thursday, October 28th
- Thursday, November 18th (note: this is the 3rd Thursday due to the Thanksgiving Holiday)
- Thursday, December 16th (note: this is the 3rd Thursday due to the Christmas Holiday)
SPI-1 DRC Agendas - 2021
Interested in Observing a DRC Meeting?
The Downtown Development Review Committee (DRC) meetings are open to the public and citizens are encouraged to attend and observe the presentations. Please note there is no public comment period.
Meetings are currently held virtually via GoTo Meeting until further notice.
Click Here to Register
Future in-person meetings will take place at the offices of Central Atlanta Progress - 84 Walton Street, Suite 500 Atlanta, GA 30303.
Application Review Process
Step 1: City of Atlanta Application Submittal and Review Process
- Applicants must schedule a pre-application meeting with the Office of Zoning and Development staff.
- Notify the DRC contact (see below) to arrange placement on the next scheduled SPI 1 DRC meeting agenda.
Step 2: Downtown SPI-1 Development Review Committee Presentation
Applicants are requested to contact the DRC manager to initiate the review process.
- Contact: Fredalyn M. Frasier, Project Director, Planning & Urban Design firstname.lastname@example.org | 404-307-4286 (mobile)
- Meeting Schedule: Every 4th Thursday of the month (as needed/dates also adjusted for holidays)
- Meeting Time: 8:30 AM (virtual until further notice)
- Applicants are required to join the call by 8:15 AM to walk through presentation logistics.
SPI-1 Development Review Committee Submittal Requirements
Material Submission Guidelines