Downtown Atlanta's nightlife has been buzzing with new energy since attractions like SkyView, the College Football Hall of Fame and the Georgia Aquarium, among others, have opened. If you’re keen to tap into the coolest hot spots downtown, this list will give you a good start:
- Joystick Gamebar: How long has it been since you’ve properly throttled a pinball machine? If you haven’t tried it since the '80s, go to Joystick Gamebar to find everything from Mrs. Pacman to Donkey Kong under one roof.
- MOTHER: Located just a few doors down from Joystick but with a completely different vibe, MOTHER is the new hipster spot for the latest music and underground favorites. Prepare for a high-energy crowd.
- Hard Rock Café: This classic spot is right smack in the middle of Atlanta’s downtown and has been part of this city’s history for more than two decades. Packed with memorabilia from your favorite legends and musicians with roots below the Mason-Dixon Line, Hard Rock Cafe is a living museum of musical history.
- Stats: With TVs everywhere you look, Stats is truly a bar for sports lovers, complete with beer tap tables, five bars and almost 16,000 square feet of restaurant and private event space. Add some hearty American-style food and you’re good to go.
- Slice Downtown: A great spot for late-night eats and good vibes, Slice is tucked away at the corner of Poplar and Fairlie streets and often hosts jazzy live bands that add to the laid-back atmosphere. Specialty pizzas like the Loaded Potato Pizza and the Pesto Pollo are game changers.
- Downtown Artwalk: On the First Thursday of each month, stroll among downtown Atlanta’s beautiful buildings and streets to enjoy art created by locals.
Beth Clark is a writer and foodie who loves to roam around Atlanta, uncovering the city's quirky, glam, upscale and down-home character. Curiosity is her compass, and you'll find her writing on www.thecitydweller.me.