The COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) public health situation is rapidly evolving and directly impacting Downtown Atlanta residents, offices, small businesses, hotels, and cultural institutions.
At Central Atlanta Progress and the Atlanta Downtown Improvement District, our priority is to continue to serve as a resource during this challenging time by advocating for our community members, sharing information when helpful, and assisting with economic recovery when the time comes.
Whether you are an Atlanta resident, a Downtown stakeholder, or a potential visitor to our community, this section of our website is intended to direct you to the most accurate and up to date information about Atlanta’s COVID-19 situation.
Please also be mindful that many Downtown Atlanta businesses, destinations, and events are altering their operations in real time, including closures, postponements, and cancellations. For the most accurate information, please visit official business, venue, and organizer websites.
PUBLIC HEALTH RESOURCES
- Georgia Department of Public Health
- City of Atlanta
- Fulton County COVID-19 Information Hub
- Fulton County Board of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- COVID-19 Screening Lines:
- State of Georgia COVID-19 Hotline - 844-442-2681
- Fulton County Board of Health COVID-19 Hotline - 404-613-8150
- Piedmont Healthcare - 866-460-1119
- Georgia Dept. of Public Health - 844-442-2681
- Emory Healthcare - 404-712-6843
- WellStar - 770-956-7827
- Grady Health System - 404-616-1000
- COVID-19 Testing in Downtown:
- Fulton County Board of Health COVID-19 hotline callers who meet criteria can get tested for COVID-19. Learn more
- CORE is providing free COVID-19 testing at the Home Depot Backyard at Mercedes-Benz Stadium (in partnership with the Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation and Project South). Learn more
- Georgia National Guard and Augusta University Health are managing a drive-thru testing site at Georgia State Stadium (formerly Turner Field). Patients must first complete a free virtual screening using the AU Health ExpressCare app on Apple or Android, through the website or by calling 706-721-1852. Learn more
UPDATES FROM OUR LOCAL AND REGIONAL PARTNERS
Resources for Businesses
Transportation and Workplace Guidance
Public transportation services are being reduced in and around Downtown Atlanta to protect the health of workers and passengers. Please limit all travel on public transportation to essential trips only.
See Service Updates
Now that many workplaces in Atlanta have transitioned to telework during this public health crisis, CAP's Downtown Connects team has compiled some tips to maintain work/life balance and enhance team building and the telework experience.
See the Tips
Plus: Communications experts from Jackson Spalding led a robust discussion on how companies should communicate during the COVID-19 pandemic and what communication strategies you can put in place to successfully reach internal and external audiences. Learn more
Business Continuity and Support
For full list of resources related to business continuity and support in the face of COVID-19, please check out our Small Business Resource Guide.
See the Guide
Plus: The AJC is offering free advertising to local restaurants during the COVID-19 crisis. To participate, local restaurants must provide a logo, a call-to-action headline of up to 55 characters, and a URL to be linked from the ad. This information can be emailed to Michael Horton at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions or additional details, he can also be reached at 404-526-2355. Learn more
Open for Business
While the current shelter in place mandate from the State of Georgia has closed dining rooms, restaurants throughout Downtown remain open for takeout and delivery service. Consider supporting these businesses, some of whom also have merchandise and gift cards for purchase and staff relief funds established online.
See Restaurant Listing
Additionally, numerous Downtown Atlanta hotels remain open for business. Please consult official hotel websites for the latest information regarding booking and operations.
See Hotel Listing
- The office of Atlanta City Councilmember Cleta Winslow, District 4, has compiled a list of companies currently hiring. View it here.
- Partners for Home is currently hiring for Healthy Hotel Resident Assistant and Isolation Unit Clinical Quality Assurance Officer positions. Learn more
- Although Goodwill of North Georgia stores and career and donation centers are temporarily closed, job seekers looking for opportunities can log on to their virtual career center at careerconnector.org or call 1-844-344-WORK to connect with a job coach and explore current opportunities.
Ways to Give Back
In the meantime, we must look out for each other, especially those who are most vulnerable. Below is a regularly-update list of organizations who are in need of your donations, your time, and your financial support.
See the List
Ways to Experience Downtown During Social Distancing
Recognizing the need to avoid large gatherings and promote social distancing during the COVID-19 outbreak, many attractions and cultural institutions in Downtown Atlanta are temporarily closed. Read below to see some creative ways you can experience Downtown from the comfort of your own home!
See the List